Four more days until Strolling Thunder™ New Jersey! There is strength in numbers, and we need you to join us in telling our state leaders it's time to #thinkbabies and make them a higher state priority. If you plan to attend and have not already done so, register now.
The event is scheduled for Monday, May 21st, between 11 AM and 1 PM in front of the State House Annex (125 West State Street).
The weather report is questionable, but that is not stopping us--Strolling Thunder New Jersey will happen rain or shine!! In case of rain, the event will take place in the Washington Room at the War Memorial (1 West Lafayette Street). If you are driving, the closest parking lot is just next door! View map.
Once you haver registered, here’s what you need to do to stroll with us in Trenton:
- Wear a white t-shirt. Strolling Thunder stickers will be given to adults to wear on their shirts;
- Bring a blanket. Seating will be limited, and we want to be sure you have a place to sit, if it's outside;
- Keep track of receipts and mileage! We can only reimburse you if you have receipts for things such as parking, mass transit and tolls;
- View a map for the day with a list of accommodations, including changing areas and quiet spaces for children;
- Download the Family's Toolkit and FAQs prior the event for last-minute questions;
- Send a message to tell your legislators you will be there and they should be too!
Monday is sure to be a busy day, so what should you expect?
- Arrive by 10:30 AM to check-in and to receive your $50 gift card, if eligible;
- It's possible that someone from the media will want to interview you. You don’t have to, but it would be great for you to tell your story! Be prepared to share your stories about:
- quality child care
- supports for new parents
- healthy starts for babies
- Be ready to make some noise for babies!
If you have any questions about Strolling Thunder New Jersey, email Patricia Canning at email@example.com or call the ACNJ office at 973-643-3876.