We are excited that you will be joining ACNJ tomorrow, May 21st, for Strolling Thunder New Jersey, in front of the State House Annex (125 West State Street) between 11 AM and 1 PM.
The weather report is questionable, but that is not stopping us--Strolling Thunder New Jersey will happen rain or shine!! In case of rain, the event will take place in the Washington Room at the War Memorial (1 West Lafayette Street). If you are driving, the closest parking lot is just next door! View map.
Here’s what you need to do to stroll with us in Trenton:
- Wear a white t-shirt. Strolling Thunder stickers will be given to adults to wear on their shirts;
- Bring a blanket. Seating will be limited, and we want to be sure you have a place to sit, if it's outside;
- Keep track of receipts and mileage! We can only reimburse you if you have receipts for things such as parking, mass transit and tolls;
- View a map for the day with a list of accommodations, including changing areas and quiet spaces for children;
- Download the Family's Toolkit and FAQs prior to the event for last-minute questions;
- Send a message to tell your legislators you will be there and they should be too!
Monday is sure to be a busy day, so what should you expect?
- Arrive by 10:30 AM to check-in and to receive your $50 gift card, if eligible;
- It's possible that someone from the media will want to interview you. You don’t have to, but it would be great for you to tell your story! Be prepared to share your stories about:
- quality child care
- supports for new parents
- healthy starts for babies
- Be ready to make some noise for babies!
If you have any questions about Strolling Thunder New Jersey, call the ACNJ office at 973-643-3876 or Hannah Korn-Heilner at 973-800-9935.
Get ready to tell Governor Murphy and the Legislature that we want them to make babies a higher state priority and #ThinkBabies!