EMBARGOED COPIES OF THE NEWS RELEASE AND REPORT ARE AVAILABLE.
CONTACT: Lana Lee, (973) 643-3876 (office) |(609) 651-5855 (cell) | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 25, 2018
Who: Advocates for Children of New Jersey (Cecilia Zalkind, President and CEO and Alana Vega, Kids Count Coordinator)
- Dr. Arturo Brito, Executive Director - The Nicholson Foundation (Keynote Speaker)
- Dr. Nicole McGrath, DDS, FACD - President & CEO, KinderSmile Foundation
- Paula Johnson - Early Head Start Director, Unified Vailsburg Services Organization
- Keri Logosso-Misurell - Executive Director, The Greater Newark Healthcare Coalition
- Cecilia Lopez - Data Entry Specialist, Visiting Nurse Association of Central Jersey Healthy Families/TIP
- Idrissa Wilson - mother of a baby boy who has been enrolled in the Healthy Families Program at the Visiting Nurse Association since December 2016
What: ACNJ will release its first ever Babies Count, a Kids Count report providing a snapshot of how New Jersey's youngest residents are faring. Babies Count, focused on children under age 3, highlights data surrounding the need for children to have strong families, healthy starts and positive early learning experiences. The report also sheds light on racial disparities within this age group.
A panel discussion will follow the data presentation and remarks from keynote speaker Dr. Arturo Brito, focusing on the issues facing infants and toddlers.
Where: Rutgers University Business School, 1 Washington Park (Bove Auditorium - Room 220), Newark, N.J.
When: Monday, July 30 at 1:30 p.m.
Why: Science tells us that what happens during the first few years of life are incredibly important to a child's healthy growth and development, but data on very young children are often siloed or lost among figures describing general child statistics. For the first time ever, the 2018 New Jersey Kids Count report--Babies Count, breaks down the data on child well-being to focus on children under age 3, tracking how well infants and toddlers are doing, who they are and the challenges they face.
EMBARGOED COPIES OF THE NEWS RELEASE AND REPORT ARE AVAILABLE. CONTACT: Lana Lee, email@example.com, (609) 651-5855