Friday Fiesta: animated GIFs, pesticides, and Salsa DadsSubmitted Fri Jun 17 2011 13:55:00 GMT-0400 (EDT)
This month's Third Thursday will be on the fourth Thursday, June 23. Yes, we can do that. Check out this post for all the details.
A couple of my coworkers are in Minnesota, enjoying Netroots Nation.
Embedding YouTube videos won't work on blasts, but Brett recommends trying out an animated GIF.
Thanks to Scott for some tips on Event attendee updates.
The Environmental Working Group's new dirty dozen list is out.
Pesticide Action Network wants Congress to stop listening to the pesticide industry.
Salsa Team Trivia
What is your favorite thing about being a dad?
This week's question was of course inspired by Father's Day weekend. Pictured above, Dave and his daughter. I asked some of our Salsa Dads for their thoughts:
- Allen, Salsa Support Specialist: The best thing about being a Dad is finding out, after your kids are adults, that you really didn't do that badly after all. We're all afraid that we may have messed up somewhere, or did something wrong, or failed to do something right. Then we find out that what we did was exactly right, and our kids are great folks to be around.
- Dave, VP of Services and Support: When my two-year-old says legitimately hilarious things, knowing she's being funny, and makes me laugh.
- J5, Software Developer: Teaching my four-year-old daughter to do multiplication on her fingers or with Legos.
- Sam, Director of Development: Having someone who is always happy to see you (Except at bathtime).
- Taylor, CFO: Walking into her room first thing in the morning and seeing her bright smile. No better way to start the day.
- Yonathan, Application Developer: Kids keeping me on my toes.
Have a happy weekend! I'll be enjoying a dairy festival, a renewable energy fair, and celebrating fathers!